In the "BioPlastik" cooperation network, partners from the industry and the academy work together under the management of IBB Netzwerk GmbH. The network had been funded by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy for three years. Since the beginning of 2017, the partners have been financing the network themselves.
The network "BioPlastik" is a perfect breeding ground for innovations: Experts from various areas like plastic films, packaging, environmental technology, or adhesives cover the complete value chain from research and development until commercialization.
7 benefits of the cooperation network "BioPlastik"
- New bio-based materials are optimized and utilized for the bioplastic production
- New materials can yield new product properties
- The bioplastic products are recyclable as well as bio-degradable
- Residual and waste materials serve as feedstock for the bioplastic producing microorganisms
- A high economic efficiency is assured by focusing on mass-markets: Low-cost solutions from bioplastics!